My grandparent's on my father's side have passed away, and I see my grandparents on my mother's side only once a year. I would see them more often, but they live in Greece. I still call them every Saturday though because I'm close with them & I love them. I don't consider them to be like the old people we talked about in class though. My grandfather still works in the fields, and he spends a lot of time planting crops and taking care of the animals. Basically, he still does hard work, and he hasn't had to slow down. My grandmother has her own store & she also works hard. She's still in good health. Then again, my grandparents are not in their 80's like many people's are. My grandmother is 62 & my grandfather is 67.
My attitude towards other older people is the same as it would be with anyone else. I don't go out of my way to talk to them, but then again I don't go out of my way to talk to anyone else either. If I see someone elderly on the bus though, I do give up my seat because I feel like that's the right thing to do. Basically I won't do anything over the top, but if I see they need help, I would help them.
No comments:
Post a Comment