I like how you point out that products can "make someone feel popular or more confident with themselevs." I think that's very true, and I think that the scene where Lil Mama's mom tells her it was her all along proves that. It's almost as is the lip gloss can help her "discover" her true potential, or "become" who she was always meant to be. The lip gloss is then highly desired by those who feel they "don't have what it takes". Good job, I think you got the main message and I think that you had a good start on the analysis.
Carol-
I like how you pointed out that the images support the message by transforming the students and the dean before your eyes. I think that was an important part of the video because it's kind of like the "before and afters" of a commercial. Good job, I think you got the main message and had a good analysis.
Rachel J-
I like how you pointed out the repeated lyrics in the song. I think that's a big part in getting their message across. I agree with you that the message is about looking beyond the material things in life, and focusing on a bigger force like love. Good job, I think you got the main message and had a good start on the analysis.
Jace-
I like how you pointed out that there is no one old or unattractive in the video. I didn't notice this before, but now it makes sense in the context of having no one to rebel against. They all seek to be pretty but when no one is "unattractive" (as defined by american culture) in the first place, it isn't that hard of a transformation. It emphasizes how pointless the struggle really is. Good job, I think you got the main message and had a good start on the analysis.
No comments:
Post a Comment