I personally don't think people are stupid or dumb for shopping on black friday because it's a chance to save money. I think if you would buy something anyway, and you can get it cheaper on black friday, why not? I think the only stupid thing would be buying unnecessary items that you don't even need. That's just not thinking reasonably because the whole purpose is to save money as oppose to spending more of it. I also think that people who get into fights, and cry and go to extreme levels are acting unreasonably because it's definitely not the biggest crisis you can experience.
I see some contradictions with what people think is a good and meaningful life and the concept of black friday. If you ask people if money is the most meaningful thing in their life they will say no, yet in this case people wait for hours to save some of it, proving that money is probably more meaningful to them then they want to admit. Also, the fact that people value the things they purchase shows that they are more matirialistic then they want to admit.
No comments:
Post a Comment